Buy provigil pills
Best price for generic provigil
- Moniri® Otovent® and Otovent® significantly decrease the need for grommet surgery1, 2
- Moniri® Otovent® and Otovent® are easy to use devices for reducing symptoms and improving quality of life for patients suffering from Otitis Media with Effusion (OME)
- Immediate relief encourages patients and reduces anxiety
- A mechanical treatment without the use of drugs and it is fun to use
1- S-E Stangerup M.D., J. Sederberg-Olsen M.D., V. Balle M.D. Autoinflation as treatment of Secretory Otitis Media.Arch Otolaryngol Head Surg 1992; 118: 149-152.
2- Armin Bidarian-Moniri, Maria-João Ramos, HasseEjnell. Autoinflation for treatment of persistent otitis media with effusion in children: A cross-over study with a 12-month follow-up, International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, 2014.
Otitis Media with Effusion (OME), also known as Glue Ear, is a very common condition that affects 80% of children at some point during their childhood – 200,000 per year in the UK (source: Zeilhuis). Also known as secretory otitis media, otitis media with effusion or serous otitis media, more than 7 in 10 children have at least one episode of glue ear before they are 4 years old, and boys are more commonly affected than girls.
Formal assessment of a child with suspected OME should include.
- Clinical history focusing on poor listening skills, indistinct speech or delayed language development in attention and behaviour problems, hearing fluctuation, recurrent ear infections or upper respiratory tract infections, balance problems and clumsiness poor educational progress
- Clinical examination focusing on otoscopy, general upper respiratory health, general developmental status
- Hearing testing, which should be carried out by trained staff using tests suitable for the developmental stage of the child and calibrated equipment
Regulation of the pressure in the middle ear is a known and important mechanism for treatment of middle ear disorders in children. Normally, negative pressure in the middle ear is equalized by swallowing or yawning. If the mechanisms for regulating negative pressure are not fully effective, then after a few weeks gluey secretions develop that may lead to hearing impairment.
This condition is caused by Eustachian tube dysfunction and may follow after an upper respiratory tract
infection, an episode of acute otitis media or in connection with e.g. flying, diving or pressure chamber
treatment. If left untreated, Eustachian tube dysfunction can lead to secretory otitis media.
Using Otovent® or Moniri® Otovent® autoinflation devices provides the pressure required to open the Eustachian tube to help equalize the middle ear pressure. The middle ear is thereby ventilated, any effusion can be cleared and symptom relief achieved. Children consider balloon- blowing a game, improving compliance and ease of treatment. No negative effects have been reported or demonstrated in clinical trials.